Monday, November 19, 2012

Hoops

B-ball season is coming.  Having been birthed in the Hoosier state, I have an inherited love for all things basket ball.  Rusty old hoops and ratty nets are no exception to this.  While wandering the Illini state, we were able to spend some time exploring a prison work camp.  The sun was hot and the day was absolutely gorgeous.  This explore came only a few weeks after exploring an actual prison...and the differences in the yard were minimal at best.  This hoop jumped out at me and begged to be photographed.  

I love that I shot it such that the shadows fall off and the net is highlighted by the rays reaching it.  
I hope to get back here next year to see how things have changed.  For now, I will have to feel the warmth and remember the fun day through my images!


Purchase prints at http://abbyelliott.smugmug.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment